Thinking of Joining Sunshine State Romance Authors?
SSRA’s membership program is composed of writers actively pursuing excellence. Members of SSRA receive information to take their writing to the next level, access to great programs and professional workshops, and the encouragement and support of like-minded authors dedicated to assisting each other in attaining or maintaining career success.
I was blessed the day I found Sunshine State Romance Authors. This is the first time I have ever encountered a group so totally dedicated to helping others, both individually and as a group, on such a consistent basis. Every time they are asked to help, they step forward to offer advice, expertise and assistance; whatever is in their power to help is there for the taking.— Ane Ryan Walker
SSRA has removed the mystique surrounding the path to writing success. I’m no longer standing on the edge of an abyss wondering how I get to the far side. Our member mentors are there throwing ropes, setting up ladders, offering support, showing and telling me how to get where I want to go and showing me that my dream is possible.— Susan Bridenstine
As a member of Sunshine State Romance Authors (SSRA), you will receive these benefits:
- Informative Programs on the craft of writing and the business of publishing at our monthly meetings (See CURRENT SCHEDULE)
- Access to our Video Archive of select SSRA presentations made available to SSRA members only (View SAMPLES)
- Keep current and informed with our first-class SSRA website full of useful writing information, links, and members-only area
- Access to the SSRA Message Board, a members-only social networking site where members can ask questions, share info, and receive and offer support and encouragement while making personal and professional connections to support their writing careers
- Regular articles on the craft of writing by our member bloggers on the SSRA Blog
- Access to our Mermaid Tales Newsletter Archive (Read SAMPLE ISSUE)
You’ll also be eligible to:
- Attend SSRA workshops at a lower member rate
- Enter our annual Prod Your Muse (PYM) Novel Writing Challenge
- Attend Members-only workshops with Romance Writers of America® PAN (Professional Author Network) authors
- Take advantage of mentoring from RWA® PRO and PAN published authors at our unique monthly PRO/PAN-Be meetings
- Participate in SSRA discussions, critiques, and learning opportunities
- Utilize our training and pairing program for Critique Partners and Beta Readers
- Share you knowledge and obtain exposure by writing for the SSRA Mermaid Tales BLOG
- Be appointed to a leadership role as a committee chair or board member (RWA® General members only)
- Enjoy our annual Holiday Party with fun, food, fun prizes and drawings
ONE YEAR ONLY $20
Care to join us? You can become a member of Sunshine State Romance Authors TODAY!
Here’s how in just TWO EASY Steps:
We invite all newcomers to attend at least two meetings to get to know us and determine if we meet your needs. After that time, we ask that you become a member to continue to attend our meetings.
SSRA is a Chapter of Romance Writers of America®, thus you must also be a member of RWA® to join our local chapter. Click the link below to join RWA®:
When you are a RWA® member and while you are logged into the myRWA website, you can then apply for membership in SSRA. Click the link below to join SSRA:
Need more info? CONTACT our friendly and professional SSRA Secretary who will be happy to answer your questions.
THANK YOU and we look forward to seeing you at our Next Meeting!
NOTE: Membership in SSRA is based on our fiscal (calendar) year, which runs January 1 through December 31. SSRA dues are not pro-rated. Membership in Romance Writers of America® is also required. RWA® Membership expires one year from application registration date. Refund policy: There are no refunds for a Sunshine State Romance Authors, Inc. membership for any reason. Dues are not deductible as charitable expenses but may be deducted as a business expense.