When is RETREAT a good idea? When it’s a Writer’s Retreat, of course!
I’m super excited for our member’s only SSRA Writer’s Retreat, scheduled October 16-18 at the beautiful Fanning Springs State Park. Organized by our lovely VP-Programs, Jessica Nelson, the retreat will be exactly what we writers need:
- Plotting exercises to get your WIP on track
- Writing sprints and TONS of time to write without distractions like pets, kids, and spouses (while we love them, won’t it be great to have a weekend to write, guilt-free??)
- Nature walks and activities to engage your MUSE
- And food–like s’mores and our Treasurer, Barry Denham, with his outstanding breakfast feast!
- In addition, we will be holding our October general business meeting there on Saturday at 11am.
Only $89 for two nights of writing bliss!
However, the retreat is limited to the first 18 SSRA members to register! Grab your cabin bed now by registering HERE. (**NOTE: You must be logged into myRWA FIRST before clicking on this link. Your myRWA password is different from your SSRA website password, so check your records.)
Space is limited and there will be bed sharing (Early Riser? Night Owl? Let us know when you register so we can do our best to make sure we arrange the cabins to meet the sleeping needs as best as possible of attendees.) but if you are fearless, adventurous or just desperate for some peace and quiet, sign up now to reserve your spot!
Cost includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, and Sunday breakfast.
The required entrance fee to the park ($4 per person or $6 for a car carrying up to 8 people) is additional.
- Retreat attendees may check in on Friday, October 16 at 4 pm.
- A general business meeting will be held Saturday at 11 am and is open to ALL members of SSRA.
Please note: Visitors must pay for entrance to the park ($4 per person or $6 for a car carrying up to 8 people), leave cars in the main parking lot and then walk to the cabins.
- Saturday lunch is open and not provided. After the general business meeting, all attendees may break for lunch before Saturday’s scheduled activities resume for retreat goers. There are three nearby restaurants or attendees may stay “home” during Saturday’s lunch break. Bring your favorite snacks and drinks!
- Check out is 11 am, Sunday the 18th.
I’ve already signed up–after you login to myRWA, fill out the registration form at this LINK, and you will then by asked to Pay via PayPal. You do NOT need a PayPal account to register–simply click the “Pay with Credit Card” tab and it will allow you to pay via credit or debit card. Once you have successfully registered and paid via PayPal, you will receive 3 receipts: one for the retreat itself, one from myRWA payment system on your payment, and one from PayPal. If you do NOT receive a receipt acknowledging your payment, you are not registered and have not paid for the Writer’s Retreat!
Remember, once it’s full, it’s full, so REGISTER HERE today!
I’m in charge of s’mores. They are going to put your sweet tooth in a coma!!!
See you at our next General and Board meeting on Saturday, September 26 for a workshop on using the senses in your writing in A Writer’s Guide to Getting Up Close and Personal with Characterization with author Jennifer Taylor.
See you then!
Dylan married her high-school sweetheart and they are busy living out their own happily ever after in sunny Florida with their two incredible daughters and a snoring Shiz-Tsu.
Dylan can be found online at: DylanNewton.com